As the years pass, freshmen Gateway Seminar topics become more creative and outrageous. In response, the Threefold Advocate has created a list of possible subjects for future consideration.
1. The Granola Life: A look at the worldview and practices of environmentally-aware people.
2. The Caf and You: What you will really be eating for the next four years.
3. Walmart: Exploring the inner workings of your wallet’s black hole.
4. Navigating Blackboard: A tutorial for getting your homework in on time (Attention: This is a 3-hour class)
5. Singleness: How to survive without a ring by spring.
6. Relationships: How to get your ring by spring.
7. Accents and Dialects: When to use Thou or You.
8. Dragon Ball: Learning interntional culture through anime.
9. Slack-lining 101.
10. Troll 2: Exploring classic B horror films.
11. Creation, Fall, Redemption: An etymological, theological and historical study of the Evangelical college catchphrase of the 21st
12. Puppy Eyes: How to get out of paying your parking fines.
13. Scan and Skip: How to get your chapel credits without ever showing up.
14. A Year without C.S. Lewis: Exploring other Christian Theologians.
15. Interacting with Engineers and other Introverted majors.