Bible journaling has become a new trend in digging deeper in the Lord’s word. Do not fret. You do not have to be artistic to start it. There are a many unique ways of journaling and bunches of different products out there to help with it. Here are some tips on how to get started.
Gather a group of friends that want to try a new way of growing in God’s word that just want to see what it is about. Start with printing out the Bible verse that the group wants to study. Juanita Groomer, project manager at DaySpring said the group she Bible journals with agree on what they want to do. That way when the group meets they are all on the same page.
2. Gather supplies. You can get supplies from anywhere and they don’t have to be the most expensive ones in the store. If you decide you want to use premium or name brand items, you are more than welcome to
3 Do not be afraid of the idea of journaling in your Bible.“you have your Church Bible and your study Bible.
Groomer suggested to think about it this way: So the one that you take to Church will not have all of your journaling in it.” Another option is to print out the verses until you get comfortable with it.
4. If you have no idea on what to journal, Groomer said to check out some social media sites such
as Pinterest or YouTube. Pinterest has a plethora of ideas. If you are a more of a visual learner, Groomer recommends
a lady named Shanna Noel, who started a brand called “Illustrated Faith.”
5. Let God speak to you. Take sometime after reading
a verse to just to stop and think. Pray as a group to let God speak to you in a fresh way and guide you to a better understanding of His message.
6. Write whatever comes to mind even it does not make sense. Then go back and make it look nice and add all the extra stuff. The most important thing with this is your time with God and His word
7 If your group decides that they would like not to
it. Here are some tips on how to get started.
song. Close your eyes while the song is playing, try not to listen just to the words but to what God is speaking to your heart
8. Remember it is not about who has the nicest looking Bibles or the most updated Bible journaling supplies. Take this time to express what the Lord is saying to you and what knowledge you have gained from digging into His word.