Valentine’s Day brings more than mush

As much as I would like to say that I don’t like Valentine’s Day because I’m single, the reality is that I do like it. Valentine’s Day celebrates many kinds of relationships like friendships, dating, marriage and even family. I think Valentine’s Day serves as an extra reminder to tell all those people we really care about that we love them.

Some may argue that we are supposed to do this regardless of the date and I agree with that, but why not have a special day set apart to show your friends and family how much they mean to you? For me, what I get a great deal of joy from is being able to share a little note with my friends and family and seeing their response.

I hope that my loved ones can tell that I love them sincerely and everything I say comes from the bottom of my heart. It may not be much, but I believe it can make someone feel special and loved.

One of the goals I give myself every so often is to put a smile on a person’s face, whoever it may be. Valentine’s day is a great time to do this, not just for smiles but for being purposeful in their life.

What is also neat is the impact this can have on the lives of other people. How do you feel when someone loves on you?

Jesus is the prime example of Love. He’s unconditional and selfless. He loves me and he showed it.

Valentine’s Day for me is not just about the chocolate, the flowers or even the date; it’s about being intentional and showing with actions that you really care.

So Happy Valentine’s Day, and know that you are loved!