Sports

Volleyball dominates Southwestern Christian

In a match at Bill George Arena on Monday, the Golden Eagles achieved a complete sweep against Southwestern Christian, winning all three matches by more than nine points each match.

Nicholas Robinson, director of sports information, released a recap of Monday’s game.

“Southwestern Christian has struggled as of late, finding itself in the lost column in 11 of its 12 previous matches,” Robinson said.

Senior “Acey” Stacey Williamson noted that the sweep came fairly easily to JBU, but still saw her team do many things well, like focusing on playing their game and not on the other team’s level.

Williamson said being more aggressive, eliminating unforced mistakes and improving ball control are ways that the team could improve on for the future.

This season marks Williamson’s last as a Golden Eagle volleyball player.

“Many college players get burned out by the end of their senior year, and there have definitely been times that I have felt that,” Williamson said. “Overall, I will be sad when my volleyball career ends. “

Williamson was named the Arvest® Bank Athlete of the Week for Sept. 30 to Oct. 6. She is currently ranked number 30 in the nation for total digs.

“There are definitely things I look forward to after I finish volleyball, but ultimately I know that these days are memorable and a gift from God,” Williamson said.

The team will travel to Texas on Saturday to play against Wayland Baptist. The game begins at 11 a.m.