Bible-based clothing line seeks broader audience

Several years ago, while co-instructing for an Entrepreneurship college class, I began looking into the Christian clothing industry. This was, in part, due to wanting to purchase clothing for myself, but I also believed that it was part of God’s plan more than anything. After researching, experimenting and making a trip to a Los Angeles garment district, I decided to start my own brand of Christian clothing for women. This was the beginning of Heavensent.

During this process, I began communicating with other Christian apparel brands. What I found was a plethora of high quality, up-and-coming lines of clothing that I had to spend days to discover. Not only were the designers talented, but they had a purpose above profits. This was when we decided to take our next big step. My thoughts centered on the reality that, although these brands had consumer loyalty, it would take someone days to find them all. They wanted to reach people and had a lot of innovative, amazing ways to share the Gospel through their apparel and accessories.

In 2015, Heavensent made the decision to collaborate with a large variety of these up-and-coming Christian brands, and offer their apparel and accessories in one, convenient online platform. We also decided to offer exclusive discounts to those that sign up for our website for free. After working closely with a lot of the brands, we realized that there were a lot of commonality between their brands and ours. We had many of the same challenges; we all had unique designs and a similar mission and vision. Instead of competing with each other and competing for a space in the limited number of Christian affiliated apparel stores, why not join together and create something entirely new! This is the beginning of our journey, and we trust in God to guide our steps and create something truly beautiful.

I have always had a love and desire to help women and children who are struggling from addiction, depression, abuse, etc. Each month, Heavensent donates 10% of its profits to help a featured women’s shelter. We hope that, in doing so, we not only assist in helping the shelter meet its goals but also in bringing public awareness to a struggling community.

We live off of the principals of loyalty and service to our brands, communities and customers. One of the most powerful verses that brings together our vision and mission in its entirety is Matthew 25: 35-40, which says:

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

I invite you to join us on our journey!