Local

Late Skate: A night of intrinsic costumes, Energetic Falls and out-of-this-world fun!

In a vibrant display of shiny outfits and enthusiasm, students from John Brown University gathered last Sept. 15, at Roller City Springdale for Late Skate. The activity, organized by Student Events and Activities (SEA), attracted many JBU students who wanted to experience a night full of fun. From beginner to expert skaters, students enjoyed the good music and were able to share their space-themed outfits from 10-12 a.m. in Springdale, Arkansas.

“It was so cool. I loved going last time so I was excited to go this year. I wish they chose another theme though because not all people get to wear exotic outfits, but it was a great experience,” Fernando Paz, a sophomore mechanical engineering student, said.

Under the neon lights, the multiple falls made the place a lot more energetic, and the students could not stop taking group selfies. Cool videos were recorded throughout the night while the students picked their favorite songs to dance to while skating.

“It was amazing. It started a little bit difficult for me, but with time I started to figure it out. It felt magical because it was my first time. I enjoyed it a lot,” Adaeze Nwobi-Okoye, a first-year Nursing student, said.

At midnight, the students started to head back to campus after a busy night. Some of them stopped to get some food and others spent more time with their friends in their rooms.

“The best part of it was doing it with friends. I was surprised that some of them were good at it. It was so memorable, me and my friends still talk about it to this day,” Nwobi-Okoye said.

This experience not only helped students to learn new skills but also helped create lasting memories and helped students to release stress from the first weeks of college. The event was a success, and students are excited about future activities from SEA.