Jones elected to city board seat

Scott Jones won his bid for position five of the Siloam Springs Board of Directors on Tuesday night. Jones, an adjunct professor at John Brown University, earned 60.6 percent of the vote. The incumbent Ken Wiles received 39.3 percent.

More than 3,500 residents in the city voted, according to the Benton County election results webpage.

Jones will serve on the board for four years. He will also continue running Fratelli’s Wood-Fired Pizzeria downtown and teaching classes at the University.

Jones said he was happy to get the opportunity to work with the city and the board of directors.

“I want to help keep Siloam the great place it is to live,” Jones said. “I would like to change some things that I see need changing in order to do that.”

While the county will not certify the election’s results for two-to-three weeks, Jones said on Tuesday the count was probably settled.

Jones will begin his duties on the board in January. He said the only initial change he could see in his life is that he will now be busy on Tuesday nights for the board meetings.

“As people get to know me and start recognizing me, I’m sure they will start sharing lots of opinions with me,” Jones said.

He added there was not anything about his new job that worried him.

Wiles could not be reached for comment.